HYBRIGRASS is one of the latest advancements in hybrid turf technology and is the perfect marriage between artificial and natural grass. It combines all the advantages of a good natural grass pitch with the strength and lifespan of an artificial grass surface.
The HYBRIGRASS system consists of a highly porous (> 50% pore space in the backing) artificial grass surface constructed with high-quality artificial grass fibres that are tufted in a specially developed fabric. The shape of the fibre has been specifically chosen to simulate that of natural grass. The fibre density and face weight in the top layer is unrivalled in the industry and guarantees uniformity in visual performance during the playing season. HYBRIGRASS provides added turf reinforcement and protection, and therefore nurtures and promotes the growth of natural grass
HYBRIGRASS is installed on a stable and well-drained substrata and filled in with a specific rootzone mixture defined for HYBRIGRASS. The playing field is then sown with top quality grass seed. The natural grass grows between the artificial grass fibres and the roots anchor in such a way that an extremely strong playing field is created. The open structure of the system ensures that the grass roots are not restricted in the development and growth from the moment of sowing.
- Playable 24/7 under almost all conditions
- Uniform and level playing surface even in high wear areas and goal boxes
- Always green surface even when the natural grass is wearing out
- Perfect parameters on player-surface interaction
- Less chance for playing surface related injuries
- Train and play on the same surface
- No more divots to repair after usage. Only minor scars and scratches that require attention
- No special installation or maintenance equipment required other than standard natural grass equipment
The use of hybrid grass systems such as HYBRIGRASS contribute to a better environment and climate. Once fully grown, HYBRIGRASS consists of more than 90% natural grass, which contributes to the reduction of CO₂ emission. Grass, just like plants and trees, converts CO₂ into oxygen. In addition, a hybrid sports pitch makes a positive contribution to the Urban Heat Island effect (UHI), due to the cooling capacity of natural grass. Hybrid grass systems therefore make a significant contribution to reducing the ever-increasing temperatures in the urban area.
HYBRIGRASS is always green – due to its unique percentage of effective artificial grass fibres –uniform in structure, stable and has a guaranteed even spread of fibres. The total hours of play is guaranteed up to 800 hours per season with the correct construction and maintenance strategy. For comparison, a natural grass field can only cater for 250 to 300 hours per season. The increased playing capacity gives clubs further room to develop and grow. The expected lifespan of a HYBRIGRASS system is 15 to 20 years. For this reason HYBRIGRASS is a good and sustainable alternative as compared to traditional natural and/or artificial grass surfaces.
- Quick establishment and recovery of natural grass during the season and during the regeneration maintenance
- Shortening of the out of season regeneration period, generating time for non-sporting events
- Increased playing capacity up to 800 hours per annum
- Double the lifespan compared to artificial turf surfaces and hence economically beneficial
- The initial quality of the playing surface does not degrade during the lifetime of the system, other than with artificial turf systems
- Capital cost to install a HYBRIGRASS surface are approximately 60% of artificial turf