SPS offers a Rhenac UV-c treatment service to control turf grass diseases without the use of chemicals. The UV-c treatment is also available to control and reduce algae growth in natural grass and synthetic sports surfaces such as artificial turf, PU athletic track surfaces, gravel tennis courts etcetera.
UV-c radiation, applied at the correct dose and application time, breaks down the micro organism DNA structure to avoid excessive growth.
1. 100% environmentally friendly application, no chemicals or abrasive action required;
2. UV-c radiation technology is widely used in hospitals and clean rooms to sterilize surfaces from viruses and bacteria;
3. Effective application time is 90 minutes for a full size football or hockey pitch;
4. The treatment is preventative and is required to be repeated every week or every fortnight;
5. No risk for damaging the grass by applying an overdose radiation as the Rhenac UV-c equipment is equipped with a built in protection system.